Teen parties are a challenge for most parents. How do you keep them entertained? What if they don't like the games? The questions are endless, but we're here to help put your mind at ease.
Tips for Organizing Teen Party Games
Before playing the party games, they need to be organized. The organization process should be very hands-on with your teen. Allow your teen to have the final say in what games get played, as well as how long they're played for. Once you've agreed on a list of games, you should purchase all of the necessary supplies before the party begins. The more preparation that you and your teen can do before the party begins, the smoother the party will go.
Balloons are a cheap and easy way to entertain guests of all ages. There's many balloon games to play, but these are a few of our favorites.
- Water Balloon Fight - A classic water balloon fight is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day. Be sure to tell your guests to bring a change of clothes since they'll be getting wet!
- Balloon Stomp - Each guest will tie baloons around their ankles with string. Once everyone has their balloons on, stomp around the room trying to pop other's baloons. The last player standing with a balloon intact is the winner!
Teens are awkward, especially at parties. Breaking the ice with a game at the beginning of the party is a great way to get everyone loosened up for the rest of the time!
- Truth, Truth, and a Lie - This game is simple but fun. Each teen will state three things about themselfes - two of them true, one of them a lie. The other players will have to guess which fact is a lie.
- Would You Rather? - Everybody knows and loves this game! The teens can take turns asking one another silly "would you rather" questions, or you can write a bunch down and place them in a bowl on pieces of paper to have them choose at random.
Other Fun Options
If your teens are tired of playing games everybody knows, have them play these unique games that are sure to make everyone in the room start laughing.
- Charades with a Twist - Play this game just like normal charades, only with real life events that teens know. A funny story from school or on the bus ride home is the perfect place to start!
- Dance, Dance, Stop - Musical chairs without the chairs! Play music and have the teens dance for 30 seconds before pausing the song. When the music stops, they have to freeze where they are.
Need party rentals for your teens birthday party? Give Baystate Tent & Party Rental a call today at (978) 851-2002.